08 May 2016

Readers Favourite Organiser - Michele

Thank you to Michele for sharing with us her favourite organiser. 

1. What is your favourite organiser (Make/model/size)?

My favorite organizer is my Van der Spek Black Janet Leather Mini.

2. How long have you owned it?

I received this last September 2015. This was a pure impulse buy. I wasn't even thinking about a Mini but I couldn't decide on colors for a Standard so I ordered a second less expensive binder.

3. What is it that you like about it so much?
Although my main VDS is a 30mm ring Standard, this Mini has really proven to be a workhorse as the size makes it such a convenience to carry around. At the gym it fits right in the cup holder so I can record my workout on the treadmill. On road trips it sits on my lap so I can write down the license plates of different states. On the weekends it turns into my wallet so i just grab it when we're going out for a meal. For walks on the beach, I attach it to my belt loop, stick my iphone inside it and I'm ready for a good walk hands free. I may not use it every day, but when I do, it's been such a great little sidekick.

4. Do you use it all the time?
Almost every day for the gym. For the weekends it's my constant companion. During the week It pretty much is within eye sight as it lives on the edge of the kitchen table.

5. Do you think the design could be improved in any way? How?
The design works for me with 3-credit card horizontal pockets and a full height slip pocket on each side. I just put my license, ATM card, and a credit card in the front with stamps and some post-its in the back. I stick cash in the slip pocket.

Like all VDS binders, It has Krause rings, but the spacing between rings are not compatible with Filofax inserts. The inserts I have are the ones Van der Spek sells, and I have to stress to all VDS lovers their inserts are of the highest quality! However, it would be nice to fit some lavender or pink Filofax paper for a shot of color.
And here are some photographs of my favourite organiser



Thank you Michele

If you would like to share with us the details of your favourite organiser, please contact steve @ philofaxy dot com 

No comments:

Post a Comment