13 July 2014

Reader Under the Spotlight - Nia

Today I would like to introduce you to Nia. 

Hi, my name is Nia and I'm a trainee Design and Technology teacher. I'm also a mum of three young children (and a husband!) so that makes me a very busy person. Between my uni life, home life and my blog, I have a lot of "stuff" to keep organized. Hence my little obsession with my filofax(es)....

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it? 

I remember having a funfax as a child, but I cant remember who bought it me. Probably my mum. When I got a bit older and moved away to Surrey to live with Dave (my husband) I went into the local branch of smiths during a lunch hour and stood there staring at the range of Filos on sale! I ended up buying a pocket bloom. I did want one of the breast cancer research ones and planned on using it as a purse, but back then thought "why have more than one? whats the point?" So I never bought one!

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I also have in my collection at the moment a pink personal collins, an A5 arc and a handmade (recdently) Fauxdori life planner! I also used to spend hours as a little girl "making" diaries and organizers out of plan paper and selotape. My creativity with planners started at an early age!

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)? 

My current favourite, I think, is my A5 Finsbury in Raspberry. But Im not sure, I might change my mind again soon!!

4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own? 

2 filofaxes, owned many over the years but have either sold them or gave them away.

5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection? 

The Collins personal x

6. What do you use your organisers for? 

Mainly when I'm in uni, especially on teaching placement. I have to plan lessons in advance, so it keeps all of my timetables, mid term planning and ideas for lessons, as well as ideas for uni work, quotes I want to use in assignments etc.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most? 

The rings and all the pockets!

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
A space for my kindle fire, like the pennybridge Ipad case. Everyone makes things for Apple, what about the android market?!

9. How do you carry your Filofax?
ummm, I just put it in my handbag. Im not too fussy, i like them to look worn and well loved.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it? 

I love the Malden. I would love an A5 ochre Malden, but with finances so tight, I think I'll have to wait till I graduate :-(

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
My Finsbury was second hand on ebay. My mum and I went halves on it £30 each :-)

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack? 
You can fit a kindle fire in the big front cover pocket of the A5 Finsbury.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most? 

The community. I don't spend enough time in there! all the ideas and tips and tricks are wonderful.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy? 

That everyone keeps posting pictures of their lovely filofaxes and they make me want another one even more!! Especially the Malden!

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
I last downloaded the Mosi Monsters Album onto my spotify list for the twins. They love the Coco Loco song!

16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day? 

No I haven't, but they look fun! So yes, I will be making my way down to a London meet up.

17. What was the last movie you watched?
Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind. amazing!

18. What was the last book you read? 
The Thinking Teacher's Toolkit: Critical Thinking, Thinking Skills and Global Perspectives By Ruth Mathews.

19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
Can I have Ralph Fiennes and Billy Corgan instead?!  

Thank you Nia for your contribution, good luck with your studies in the future. And if you would like to take part in Reader Under the Spotlight, please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com 

No comments:

Post a Comment