01 December 2013

Reader Under The Spotlight - Kristy

Hello, fellow Philofaxy folks!  I'm Kristy--a blogger, YouTuber, planner nut, and teacher all wrapped up in one package!  I live in the South in the US where sweet tea, football (the kind with pads and a weird shaped ball!), and Southern Belles are the most common things you see.  As I mentioned, I am a teacher (high school, actually), and I do love it, but when I have extra time I love to blog and make videos about my planners and lots of other things.  I'm also a graduate student and a member of several community organizations--hence the need for a planner.  I've always used planners, but now I truly LOVE planners (obsession, maybe?)!  I finally discovered Filofax thanks to the Philofaxy site, and my life was forever changed!

You can find me:

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I purchased my first Filofax in 2010.  It was a red personal classic/cross Filofax, and I actually still have it.  Although I've sold several Filofaxes over the next few years, I don't think I could ever part with the first one.  I decided on Filiofax after reading the Philofaxy blog and watching Kate's and Imy's videos.  I had been a Franklin Covey or spiral bound planner for years, but I fell in love with Filofaxes because of the variety offered.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I was a Franklin Covey user for years.  I still have my two Classic sized binders and will always have them as I still really like them.  I have used a variety of spiral bound planners since high school, and I currently use a spiral bound planner from Etsy as my lesson plan book since it is customized as a teacher planner.  Right now for my main planners, I use a Medium Gillio Compagna in Epoca Gold for my every day planner and an A5 Regency for my home planner and note taking binder for work. 

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My favorite would definitely be the Gillio.  Ever since I was able to get my "dream" Gillio--the Compagna in Gold--I have been head over heels in love with it.  I still love my Osterley and Regency Filiofaxes, but Gillio has stolen my heart!

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

I believe I own 20 Filofaxes, 2 Franklin Coveys, and 1 Gillio.  Of course, I also have my one spiral teacher planner.

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

The oldest Filofax would be my red classic Filofax.

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

My Gillio is my main, day-to-day planner that goes with me everywhere.  I have lists, addresses, school info, calendars, and other things in it.  My A5 Regency has notes, a calendar, and address in it and is used for mainly note-taking.  My spiral bound planner holds lesson plans.  My personal pink Domino is my Bible study/spiritual journal.  My A5 pink Domino is my graduate school binder that is ready for me to begin work on my thesis.  The other planners are used for storage or are empty at the moment.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

As with other ringed binders, the ability to customize and move things around was the main appeal, but I liked the variety and quality of Filofaxes. 

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Hmmm, it would have the interior of the regency and the big pocket of the Gillio Compagna with a secretarial pocket in the back. 30 mm gold rings with the ability to change them out to bigger or smaller rings if needed, and it would come in a croco pattern and smooth leather.  And it would have two elasticized/leather pen loops.  It would come with both day per page and weekly inserts along with monthly inserts.

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

My Gillio goes in my handbag, which has divided compartments so it gets is own place.  My spiral planner and Regency go in my briefcase.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I would say that for Filofax, it would be the Personal Regency since it is still available on the website.  I already own it, so I guess I did buy it!

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

For Filofaxes it would be the A5 Osterley, which was $210.  My Medium Gillio was more, so it would be the most expensive of all the binders.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Make it yours and take advantage of the fact that you can completely customize the inserts, the dividers, and everything!  If you aren't creative (or think you aren't) check out YouTube, Facebook, Etsy, or Flickr for ideas and mesh them together.
  
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I love the Web Finds and the Reader Under the Spotlight sections.  They are a must-read for me!

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Nothing!  I love it all!

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball."  Say what you will about her antics, but that track is a great song!

16.  Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?  

Ok, I've never seen Bridget Jones Diary, believe it or not, so can I just pick Captain Jack Sparrow?  ;)  Love Johnny Depp!

Thank you Kristy for your contribution to Reader Under The Spotlight. If you haven't appeared on this feature or if you would like to appear again then please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you, Kristy. Getting ready to check out your blogs.

    ReplyDelete