19 October 2014

Reader Under the Spotlight - Christel

Today I would like to introduce you to Christel. 

Hi, my name is Christel and I was 40 earlier this year. We live in Lausanne, Switzerland by Lake Geneva and have three children. I’m lucky in that I don’t have to work and can enjoy being at home with my three children - two girls, 8 and 5, and a boy of 9 months. Before I had them, I worked for fifteen years in insurance. 

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

In 1994. Don’t ask me the exact date - I’ve forgotten - but it was a black Finsbury, personal size.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I’ve wanted to try other organisers but always came back to Filofax. Here, I haven’t found any other brands apart from Quo Vadis  and Exacompta, and certainly not any Gillios! And as I don’t have a credit card, I haven’t been able to order one.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (style and size)?

My Cuban hazelnut, personal size, but I can no longer use it as the rings are badly damaged.

4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?

I have 11 personal and one A5 which I don’t like at all. However, I’m gradually selling them at the boot fairs I do.

5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?

A brown Osterley

6. What do you use your organisers for?

For everything, and everything in a single organiser. It makes it a bit too fat, but I like it like that. I use it for planning, shopping lists, books read or to read, holiday dates and organising the girls' school life, household management, menus, addresses, my husband’s projects and lots of other very useful things.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

To be able to change everything around and whenever I want.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Personal size, navy blue (We can’t get the Original here.) and with 30mm rings, like the ones that existed before or in the zipped versions.

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

In my handbag which goes everywhere with me.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

Perhaps an Original Nude or a cherry Finsbury. I’ve just treated myself to the blue, but at the moment I’m finding it too stiff. In personal size which is the only size I like.

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?

More than 300 Swiss francs, around 250 euros , for the Amazona which I have since sold. Prices here are not the same as in France or the UK, but much higher.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

My blue Finsbury personal
  
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I love everything, really everything. I think it’s fantastic that there are so many people addicted to Filofax.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Nothing, of course!

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

‘Happy’ by Pharrell Williams

16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not, do you intend to one day?

I’ve never been to a meet-up, but I dream of doing it. So I'd like to take the opportunity of being here to ask people who live in the French-speaking part of Switzerland to leave a comment so we could arrange a meeting. Obviously, I’d be happy to organise it. 

17. What was the last movie you watched?

None

18. What was the last book you read?

'Le liseur du 6h27' by J-P. Didierlaurent

19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?

Neither one nor the other

Thank you Christel for agreeing to go under our spotlight. And a big thank you to Alison my patient wife for translating the questions and answers!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christel - I´m in the German speaking part of Switzerland, but would be happy to travel to a meetup (although my French is almost non-existent). LJx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or has the "Notify Button" stopped working for everyone else commenting on blogs at the moment...? I have to try to remember to go back to posts to check for comments... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realise the Finsbury had been around for so long!

    ReplyDelete