06 July 2014

Reader Under The Spotlight - Deborah

Today I would like to introduce you to Deborah. 

Hello to all this team of fanatics in planning, my name is Deborah aka armony-rottweiler on FB community.

I’m an Italian girl and I’m a nurse. I’m working for an emergency center in Rome.

I’m always been a chaotic (messy) woman at home, but a super-organized one at work…and for that, I decided to have my first planner: for ordering all my days.

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

Recently, just last September I bought  my first A5 Metropol in red for leaving it at work. I put every telephone number I use, bloodlettins dates…and all concerning my nurse day.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I won on E-Bay Italy a vintage (at least 25 y.o.) planner in personal size. I wanted to try one before buying one much more expensive. It’s a “Greenwitch” an Italian brand in burgundy color. I don’t know if this brand is known abroad…but it’s not so bad for 16 euros I paid for it!!!

I discover Gillio brand from this web pages, I wonder why an Italian brand could be so famous in all the rest of the world and almost unheard in his country home! Anyway all Italian artisans are great and deserves all the best for their fantastic handmade items. For this I’m proud to be Italian!

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

I own a little pocket size unbranded one, made by a local artisan with ostrich leather! Unfortunately the ostrich factory closed last year! It’s really well made and it has gold rings inside. Lovely!

4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?

This is all your fault! After reading your pages that drives me totally crazy, every binder  I see have to be mine!!!

Unfortunately (or fortunately!!!!) I don’t have so much spare time…so I can’t buy all the planners I want!!!!

But, I have to answer this question… I collected in these few months 12 planners… I suppose too much, I need a therapist!

5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?

I bought in a stock from a closed shop two old but brand new Balmorals (10 CLFJ)one in burgundy and one in black, a brown Richmond with his inserts, and a luxurious Knightsbridge in personal size…and so I noted the difference between the old watermarked FF paper and the one of the present day! An abiss!

6. What do you use your organisers for?

One for work (A5) one for purse, one near my PC for my little “work” of webmaster (I love to create dog websites for my friends, breeders and shelters, all for free!) One for my dogs ( I have 6!!!)one for my health…and finally one for me!!! (too much???)

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

In my opinion the brand is a classic and timeless, something to collect and transmit. Maybe not the last multi-colored models, but the vintages are the perfection, made for during years, and I’m happy and so proud to own a little piece of history!

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Like an Eton but in brown. Simply perfect!

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

The big A5 stays at work ever, the others at home: I don’t wanna lose them!!!

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

After seeing the amazing vintage ostrich on FB (vintage FF users comunity)…It’s pure envy, I know…but I want own one me too!!!

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

A Malden in crimson color for £140…but after I have it, I realize I prefer other models, more vintage so I sold it immediately!

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

I’m always enjoy making my own dividers and thanks to Philofaxy, print diary pages that I personalize and translate in Italian, then I make holes… it’s a walkover!

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

With Philofaxy I finally discover a world of common people of different Countries but mad about the same things. I’m not alone!!!

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Just one thing: every time Philofaxy put pictures of beautiful planners I tempted to buy ( I think that’s the same for all of us!) and without fail prices increase!

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Magic – Coldplay. For my sister who needed a soundtrack for her moviemaker project

16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
No, never! It’s a really shame but I’m a solitary girl…I love people but I prefer stay by myself.

17. What was the last movie you watched?
Yesterday night …”the Salem’s witches” an horrible bid to make thrill but failed…I fall asleep

18. What was the last book you read?

I’m reading “the snowman” - Jo Nesbø and I’ve just ended to read “Amazzonia” – James Rollins. I really like it

My time is ended…I have to go to work, but I wanna close this interview tell…Clooney, Pitt, Darcy, Clever… I prefer all my dogs!!!!

Thank you Deborah for appearing on Reader Under The Spotlight. We always need people to appear in this feature, so please don't be afraid to step forward. Please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment