08 June 2014

Reader Under The Spotlight - Elizabeth

Today I would like to introduce you all to Elizabeth.

A bit about me: My name is Elizabeth and I am a thirty something mother and teacher of mathematics. I love being a mum and am very lucky that I really enjoy teaching and doing maths! 

I have tried to use a digital diary but always return to a paper planner, often buying bound planners and yet always returning to my Filofax. I have tried using a Personal but I am now very happy with a pocket and A5 combination.

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

It was in 1998 and was a personal College Filofax in red, green and blue. She is very worn and I still have her.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I have used ring bound planners, most recently an Erin Condren Life Planner. I always return to my Filofax!

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My current favourites have to be my A5 Original in Fluro Pink as my stay at home everything binder but my on the go carry everywhere is my Akiko binder.

4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?

I own 9 Filofaxes in purchase order: Personal College in Red, Blue and Green; Pocket Domino in Pink; Personal Finsbury in Pink; A5 Domino in Black; Personal Cover Story in Flamingo (Pink and Blue); A5 Original in Fluro Pink; A5 Domino in Patent Pink. Pocket Hearts in pink. Akiko pocket binder in black and mint.

5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?

My Personal College mentioned above. She is very very well used and well loved.

6. What do you use your organisers for?

I use all three A5 planners and a pocket. My everyday planner is my A5 Original which has a 2014 and 2015 year planner, week on two pages and day per page in. All my work information, meetings and notes. I may add more to this but it is working really well at the moment. My Pink Domino houses all my private tuition notes, notes and all my contacts. I only use a term of the week on two pages and four weeks of the day per page in my everyday planner and so keep the old ones and future ones in my Black Domino. I also use my Akiko binder as my take everywhere one. In her is a diary and lots of lists, I love lists and am currently enjoying doing the 365/30 lists. I am about to update my diary pages with my first set of none filofax pages and very excited about getting them!

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

That I can change the order and what I need to carry around whenever I feel like a change. I can decorate the pages if I want to or leave them plain. It is such a versatile system.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I would like to get my hands on a Malden one day, but it would need to be pink!

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

My A5 is either in my work bag, on my desk or wherever I am if I need it. My pocket is in handbag or just in my hand but I always have it!

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

A month ago I would have said the Original but I own one now! Now it would be a Malden in Purple or the Saffiano in Raspberry, very tempted to buy one from my local, exceptionally good, stationers!

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

An actual filofax brand binder would have to be my A5 Original and it was a bargain at £53. But my Akiko pocket was a lot more than that!

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Sticky notes on a dashboard, cannot manage without sticky notes!

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I like the Web finds and Reader under the spotlight, especially the recent one about George Redgrave as that inspired me to fit more into my pocket binder.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Nothing!

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Ellie Goulding - How long will I love you.

16. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?

George Clooney when he was in ER.
Thank you Elizabeth for agreeing to appear under our spotlight. If you would like to appear in this feature please email steve at philofaxy dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment