02 June 2014

London Meet Up - 31 May 2014

It had been a few months since the last London meet up back in November last year. So when Alison started talking about the launch of her next book (Successio) I wanted to make sure I was going to be free on a couple of the weekends for Philofaxy meet up events.

We started doing meet ups back in November 2010, I've lost count of the number I've attended of the years and in different countries.

If you have never attended a meet up yet, then you should add it to your list of things to do in the next 12 months. People are always friendly, although you might be meeting people for the first time or for the first time in over 6 months or more, it is just like meeting old friends. Their names will be familiar from comments on Philofaxy or you might have read their blog or watched them on You Tube, or any of the other numerous social media channels.

So on Saturday we all met up in central London at just after mid-day. It was dry and sunny and quite warm in the afternoon. As usual we did our usual introductions and then went in to the restaurant to occupy a table tucked away on the upper floor away from the crowded area of the restaurant.

Organisers came out and people started to share and compare their set-ups and diary layouts, there was a lot of 'organiser stroking' and 'leather sniffing' going on... now you know why we pick a remote area of the restaurant..... And of course lots of chattering and smiles and laughter.












After our meal we went shopping in John Lewis and Selfridges both stores had quite a reasonable collection of Filofax organisers and inserts. Selfridges also stock some of the up market brands too such as Aspinal of London.



By about 6pm we started to say our good byes and make our way home via our respective stations... and other stationery stores! It has been a great day.

Thank you for everyone who came along to support the event, it was great to meet you all.

Next week..... Glasgow!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like another successful meet-up! Can someone who was attending tell me what the binder is in the Filofax line-up, 4th from the right? Its the brown leather one and looks like it has a really nice patina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul B, I think the said Filofax you refer to belongs to me. It is the CCLF7/8 Winchester. It is soft, shiny and a pleasure to use.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jené. I've seen one on Gmax's Flickr feed, its really nice. One of the nicest Winchesters they made, as far as I'm concerned!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you all had a great day! For someone who visits London very infrequently, will someone kindly list the best shops to visit for Filofax and Midori products? It might save me a lot of leg work! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steve for arranging a fantastic meet up.

    I met some lovely new people and it was a pleasure seeing everyone else again. We had excellent food, weather and great company. When I arrived home I passed on your tutorial comments to my BF so he is now fully up to date on repairing / replacing the ring mechanism. Finally, I'm sorry for my over enthusiasm about FFs; I just adore them! See you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! So jealous I couldn't be there. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful time it looks like you all had. I wish I lived on your side of the world. I would love to go shopping at a nice Filofax store. I am still looking. Living in Washington state we done have stores like that. I have googled and not found any. Living in the country it's hard to find stores. I envy you who are able to just shop and smell and pick what you want. Thanks for the great photos and writings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a fantastic time & I wish that I could've come along. I definitely want to come on the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great meetup, wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fab time had by all by the look of it :-) Keeping my fingers crossed for next year :-)

    ReplyDelete